The plot was a different from what I expected having read the back cover. There is a lot to talk about in this book and while the characters and their situations may not associate with my own, it's easy to point to similar occasions where things happen without my being able to explain why, other than with words like "faith" or "miracle". I thought there was a great deal of humor in this book though it is not directly written to be funny. It's also not a religous book and yet is very faith promoting. "Heartwarming" is the best word for this book.
I enjoyed the book's emphasis on family and the strong male figure who led their family. I liked the descriptive language that really made the characters and the events of the book come alive. I didn't really like the ending but it matched with the rest of the story. How can a book like that end? It's a shame that there isn't a sequel.
the story line was completely original and at the same time very entertaining( I enjoyed Swede's accompaning drama of her own creation) The style of writing was very appealing to me...For some reason though I had a hard time placing the story in the 1960's- I don't know why...but have already recommended it to others...
The plot was a different from what I expected having read the back cover. There is a lot to talk about in this book and while the characters and their situations may not associate with my own, it's easy to point to similar occasions where things happen without my being able to explain why, other than with words like "faith" or "miracle". I thought there was a great deal of humor in this book though it is not directly written to be funny. It's also not a religous book and yet is very faith promoting. "Heartwarming" is the best word for this book.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the book's emphasis on family and the strong male figure who led their family. I liked the descriptive language that really made the characters and the events of the book come alive. I didn't really like the ending but it matched with the rest of the story. How can a book like that end? It's a shame that there isn't a sequel.
ReplyDeletethe story line was completely original and at the same time very entertaining( I enjoyed Swede's accompaning drama of her own creation) The style of writing was very appealing to me...For some reason though I had a hard time placing the story in the 1960's- I don't know why...but have already recommended it to others...
ReplyDelete